Blogger and Google cookies

Attention: This site uses cookies and may collect data!

Saturday, July 4, 2015

View from Korpúlsstađir, Reykjavik, Iceland




Esja mountain

Esja produces its own vaporous clouds.

Where are Aragorn and the Hobbits?


The iconic 'Midnight Sun' at about 11:00 pm local time

I am installed in my home and studio away from home for the month of July at Korpúlsstađir on the outskirts of Reykjavik. Esja Mountain changes continuously under low, shifting clouds. Last evening shortly after 10 PM I went for a walk with my flat-mate Geneviève.  The walking trails follow the contours of the coastline opposite the mountain. I could imagine J.R.R. Tolkein wandering this landscape and dreaming of trolls, elves, wizards and orcs. Several golfers asked me if I had found any elves yet!


Korpúlsstađir, arts centre and golf course

No comments:

Post a Comment