Blogger and Google cookies

Attention: This site uses cookies and may collect data!

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Iceland: Reflections and Tiny Worlds


Farm below Esja Mountain
The sun highlights the summits through occasional breaks in the clouds.


Back to my investigations of tiny worlds!

Incredible mosses!
The farm in the photo above shows the grand scale of Esja Mountain. The weather and the reflections change continuously. During the day, rain sprinkles the land and encourages the mosses and the lavender and violet European Cardamine that blooms in lush clumps on rocks near the shore. These miniature worlds remind me of the work of Icelandic artist Eggert Péterssun. I have admired his work in art journals - now I am seeing the inspiration for it.

Last evening I began working on my project - two quick drawings in my large sketchbook. I'll be doing more today.  Luckily I found a jig saw in the residency studio, so I can shape the panels I brought with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment