Blogger and Google cookies

Attention: This site uses cookies and may collect data!

Monday, September 17, 2012

New Horizons Opening


'Night Tree' on display.
One corner of the gallery during the opening.
Catering by Dolma Food. Yum!
The opening for my show 'New Horizons' was well-attended and there was much enthusiasm for the work. I was interviewed for the local newspaper and the article generated interest among all of our acquaintances. Three pieces were spoken for within the first half hour! It is always instructive to see which artwork receives the most attention from viewers.

This show includes 10 plywood projects (from Residencies 1 and 2) as well as one diptych on canvas. It is great to see all of the work together and to see it under gallery lighting. I was able to leave enough space between the pieces to dramatize their individual qualities. I pan to return this week to take more photos.

I will be working on plywood again this week as I have a plan for using small pieces assembled with bolts, which will fit into a small box for shipping. Painting continues on canvas and paper as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment