Blogger and Google cookies

Attention: This site uses cookies and may collect data!

Friday, September 21, 2012

"Abundance" changes

Abundance Stage 5 Acrylic on canvas 36" x 48"
This painting has gone through some radical changes! The work I am most satisfied with this term was created using chance effects of my materials. Stage 4 of this painting was still very controlled, with the flower shapes very predictable. Suzanne, my mentor, had suggested using splatters to break up the even pattern of the drips. I decided to drop paint onto the canvas off brushes, a strategy I used with drips on a canvas last year. I used a large paintbrush over some of the drops to join them. Thinking of creating some light within the painting, I used transparent white to suggest mist and space behind the main shapes. I can add to the light source with a few more glazes and I may work on a few of the "petal" shapes. Two in particular seem to lack interest. They are not amorphous enough nor are they defined enough; I must emphasize one or the other.

The painting was still wet when I photographed it. I may have a different idea in mind when I look at it dry! This painting can be viewed upside down also. It reminds me of underwater scenes.

Upside Down - Under the Sea!
Stay tuned for the next version of this project!


No comments:

Post a Comment