|Vision 2 - Adding a thin layer of off-white to dramatize shapes.|
Hopefully it will be semi-transparent when dry.
|Vision 3 - Version 1 as planned.|
|Vision 3 -Version 2 could be interesting.|
Vision 3 - In this instance, I used the drip technique to create more interest in each panel. Some areas were too regular and I took my idea for the drips from the cracks in the clay banks. Using a red brick color warmed both panels. I also used some thin blue rubbed onto the surface with a rag in a few areas.
Vision 2 - After dropping in to the painting class I attended before Christmas, I decided to add some accents of Cerulean blue to some of the pock mark-like depressions for contrast. The effect was very lively and too bright. Today I dripped a thin mixture of white and unbleached titanium white onto several parts of each panel. The second panel had thicker paint and it seemed more opaque, so I ran some water over it after it had set for a few minutes. This worked so well that I did the same thing on the other panel. I plan to run more transparent layers of gloss over these panels.
Vision 1 - Here I have added a mixture of Hooker's Green and Cobalt Green dripped for accents as well as a pale version mixed with white in the white areas. I was trying for a color reminiscent of seaweed in the dark areas. I think this round of dripping improved the piece.
|Vision 1 Revised with green.|